LED Replacement anchor light for 1998 IP 40

• a Guest
  • a Guest's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 11 months ago #3975 by a Guest
I need a replacement light build for my anchor light ON MY 1998 IP 40. Would like to use an LED.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #3976 by cat30
Just replaced mine on ip31- bought from defenders- about $70- $80. Hella compact all around

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 11 months ago #3977 by a Guest
Replied by a Guest on topic LED Replacement anchor light for 1998 IP 40
Was that just for an LED replacement bulb or the entire anchor light? I just need to replace the bulb.

More
8 years 11 months ago #3979 by cat30
For the entire fixture. There is a guy on ebay that this group has mentioned for just the bulbs. Good prices and great service

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 11 months ago #3980 by a Guest
Do you know his name or how to find him? I am looking for the replacement bulb number and how to get one.

More
8 years 11 months ago #3981 by cat30
Scintiluna_led I believe is his ID on ebay

More
8 years 11 months ago #3982 by jhstacy
Replied by jhstacy on topic LED Replacement anchor light for 1998 IP 40
I replaced the anchor light on my IP35 masthead with this tri-color/Anchor LED light that is just phenomenal. It works off the single wire pair and had 7 features depending on how many times you flip the switch in a 5 second time frame. And it is coast guard approved, which should make the insurance more comfortable.. Best part if it draws so little power, my meter does not notice it. I had questions and called the guy who owns this company. He was more than willing to talk and answer all my questions. My rigger liked it so well, he started recommending them as well.

www.stecktronics.com/product-details.php?id=197&window=1.

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 11 months ago #3984 by a Guest
I am just looking for a replacement bulb, not the entire light. I need a bulb number and/or where to get one so I only have to make one trip up the mast. The guy on eBay has many LED lights so I could not determine which one was the correct replacement bulb that would work in my current original setup. So I am just looking for information on what LED replacement bulb to take up the mast with me.

More
8 years 11 months ago #3986 by Hite
MarineBeam has a wide assortment of LED replacement bulbs. We replaced our anchor and running light bulbs just before we left on a one-year cruise (which we just completed). No problems whatsoever with the LED bulbs, and the current draw is negligible. I noticed that MarineBeam is now carrying LED bulbs with built-in photo sensors to make your anchor light turn on automatically when it's dark. This would be a nice option, but again the current draw is so small that it was not a problem for us just leaving the light on 24/7 at anchor.

Note: we replaced only the bulbs, using our existing fixtures. We did the same with all our interior lights using bulbs from Superbrightleds. The LED conversion was probably the best upgrade we made before the trip.

Happy sailing.

Hite

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 11 months ago #3988 by a Guest
Do you have the bulb number by any chance?

More
8 years 11 months ago #3989 by Hite
No, sorry. I just checked my records and I didn't save that. Both MarineBeam and Superbrightleds allow you to search by bulb type, though. Once you identity the type of bulb you have, it shouldn't be tough to find the right one on one of those sites. Your bulb will depend on the type of fixture you have, which might be different from mine anyway.

I remember not wanting to make an extra trip aloft, so I checked my deck-level fixtures, then looked up the bulb type for the corresponding anchor light from the same manufacturer and placed my order from that. I got lucky and it worked.

More
8 years 11 months ago #3993 by groger
Replied by groger on topic LED Replacement anchor light for 1998 IP 40
Took the bulb out of my 1993 IP38. It was an AquaSignal Festoon - the kind with the concave ends... not the pointy ends. I'm going to replace with this... marineledshop.com/navigation-bulb-aquasignal-25-barrel-festoon ... hope it fits.

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 11 months ago #3995 by a Guest
Thanks for the help. Mine is also a AquSignal but not sure if it is the same bulb. Let me know if yours works.

More
8 years 6 months ago #4278 by Bill Sloan
Replied by Bill Sloan on topic LED Replacement anchor light for 1998 IP 40
I have the IP-31, 1985 model and need to replace the anchor light but like others don't want to make two trips up the mast, does anyone know which light is up there on this vessel and what bulb, hope to replace all my lights, cabin and running as well as anchor with LEDFS, need exact model of manufacture; and bulb number of original. thanks for any help, Bill Sloan S/V Resolute 1985 IP-31

Moderators: shawnee
Time to create page: 0.304 seconds

We have 761 guests and no members online

Disclaimer

Sincerely,

The International IPYOA administration team.